Wednesday, June 11, 2014

I Have a Yellow Submarine

In my car. . .



Isn't it cute?  Wonder why they put it there... Must be a GM thing.

Okay, okay, I know what it is - NOW.  But when it first appeared I had no clue.  I called my husband (the Master Mechanic) and told him a light came on in my car.  When he asked me what it looked like I told him a yellow submarine.   He had no idea what I was talking about.  Later he informed me that what I was looking at was an engine, not a submarine, and that was my "check engine" light.  Are you kidding me?  What happened to the words "check engine"???? 
Oh well, I still think it's cute. Unless of course it costs me a bunch of money to get rid of it!


Blessings,

Red

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I laughed!

    Might mean something painfull, might not. My husband's car has a screwy air filter that triggers the dang thing every 3 or 4 months or so, so he'll check it and make sure thats all it is, and then ignore it till its time to get the car inspected again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our engine light went on 5 years ago and the mechanic said not to worry about it. He checked it all out and said that sometimes you get an electronic fluke like that. Go figure

    ReplyDelete

After getting multiple spam comments from Anonymous users, I have had to disable that part of my comments. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. Please sign up and say hello!