Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Small Town USA?

We live in a town of less than 3,000 people. It's a nice little community filled with mostly "normal" folks.  However - "Small Town USA" it is not.  Just this week I received the local newsletter advertising what there is to do around town and what classes are starting, etc.

First we have Yoga at the local Library.  OK, that's not too bad.  I'm sure there are lot's of people that could benefit from Yoga. Maybe.

Next up is "Personal Transcendence" - using "Energy Medicine Techniques".  I kid you not.
Then as if that is not enough, there is always the "Drumming and Sound Circle" by the local Shamanic Sound Healer.  Honest!

What happened to Bingo, you say?  Well, funny you should ask because not only is there Funny Money Bingo, there is also Chicken Feet Domino's and a Big Ukulele class at the Community Center.  (Just for us Rednecks!)

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. I have been looking for a good Big Ukulele class for a while now. Maybe there is hope for my small town after all.

    ReplyDelete

After getting multiple spam comments from Anonymous users, I have had to disable that part of my comments. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. Please sign up and say hello!