Friday, December 28, 2012

Silence

The kids and grandkids have begun their journey back home and the silence in this house is deafening.  Wow. 

Christmas was quite enjoyable.  Tim is known to pack bricks in a large box to disguise a small gift, so I am always on the look out for suspicious packages.  Well, this year he got me.  The huge box I was sure was bricks turned out to be a bread machine that I had dreamed of owning.  It has a “Gluten Free” setting and my Doctor highly recommended it. However, the price tag was way over my comfort zone.  I never thought I’d be so excited about a bread machine, but when you live without bread, (my favorite food) things change in a hurry.

DSC_0030 

DSC_0031

Did I mention that it also makes jam, cake, and even meatloaf???????  Seriously.

DSC_0033

Then, again he got me.  There was a small box that was quite heavy which turned out to be ammo!  Gotta love that guy :)  Another, that I thought must be a 2013 calendar turned out to be a package of paper targets.  How thoughtful!  I can’t wait to use them.

DSC_0006

DSC_0007

There was also some fabulous perfume and a cast iron pot I had been wanting for several years but had been too cheap to buy it.

We had 10 for dinner and it turned out wonderful.  There has been a great deal of turmoil in our lives the past several years and this Christmas was so filled with peace and love that I never wanted the day to end.  Much of the feelings still linger.  Maybe, if I put my mind to it, I can hang on to that peace for the rest of the year. Worth a try :)

I hope you all had a peace filled Christmas.

Blessings,

Red

12 comments:

  1. Ammo AND a bread maker...What a man @;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm still laughing about it. Two years ago I wouldn't have believed this could make me happy! Guns and bread machines. Who knew?

      Delete
  2. You will love this bread maker. I have a Zojirushi and love it!!! My husband bought if for me as well ( a couple years ago) as I too wouldn't have spent that on myself. Happy baking and shooting - these are my kind of gifts!!

    Merry Christmas and I pray your peace lasts the entire year and more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks H&HB. Now I know where to run if I can't figure out how to use the machine :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. That is the best bread maker on the line. My neighbor has one and loves it. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas, ours was pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear about your neighbor loving her "Zo" machine. I am anxious to try it out but want to watch the video that came with it first. Now that the grand-kids are gone I can sit and watch it.

      I hope you have a Happy New Year.

      Delete
  4. Good for you...any husband that gives the gift of ammo is a keeper, but then you knew that little fact.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like your husband hit the bulls eye on Christmas gifts for you this year. Have fun baking! You probably already know this but rye flour has much less gluten than wheat flour. Hope the bread machine came with lots of great gluten free recipes.

    Glad the time with family was peaceful and enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. S.,

      I did not know that about Rye. I love Rye bread. I wonder if it would be enough of a difference for me. I will ask the doctor :)

      I'm heading into the kitchen right now to bake my first loaf in the new machine! I'll let you know how it turns out.

      Delete
  6. Now that is what I call a Christmas haul! So glad peace reigned in your hearts and home! Much joy to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete

After getting multiple spam comments from Anonymous users, I have had to disable that part of my comments. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. Please sign up and say hello!