Friday, February 18, 2011

Sour Dough Surprise

After my last try at making "hard rolls" that ended up soft and sweet, I found another recipe on the internet.  This one took three days to make and it wasn't until the rolls came out of the oven that I realized they were sourdough!  I'm not kidding.  But, being a sourdough lover, I thought they were fabulous.  Tim and I practically fought over them :)

Aren't they gorgeous?  I was so proud :)

However, this is not what I was trying to make.  Evidently, the rolls I am wanting to make are called Crusty Rolls.  So, I found another recipe and plan on trying again on Sunday :)  It's a good thing we love all kinds of bread!  (My bathroom scales do not agree though).  I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Sourdough is the best! My kids prefer it above all other bread types for lunches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please visit my Survival Recipes and Cooking blog at: http://survivalsense.blogspot.com/ There are several very easy bread and hardtack recipes that taste good too!

    ReplyDelete

After getting multiple spam comments from Anonymous users, I have had to disable that part of my comments. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. Please sign up and say hello!