Sunday, March 6, 2011

First Aid Kits

There is an excellent post over at Paratus Familia on First Aid preparedness.  Even the comments are filled with good information.  I have started on our supplies but after reading that post I knew I was missing some important pieces.  So off I went to the store to pick up the things I needed and was feeling pretty proud of myself. 

Then I came home and decided to try out my new mandolin slicer because I had 5 pounds of carrots I wanted to slice and dehydrate.  Next thing you know I'm daydreaming about something and sliced my knuckle clean off!  No skin left, just a gaping wound.  My husband was out of town so I was home alone.  Of course I instantly thought of my first aid kit.  Luckily I had a good supply of sterile gauze and tape.  It was not a "fun" adventure, but it definitely was an adventure! 

So, even if you think you have your first aid supply all set, I encourage you to jump on over to Paratus Familia and read that post!  You never know when you will need some first aid in a hurry.

Thanks for stopping by and stay safe!


3 comments:

  1. I always hate when accidents happen and the hubby it out of town! Glad you had your first aid kit! I'm going to check out that site, thanks for the heads up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I'm glad I found your blog. Really enjoying it so far! Thank you for stopping by my blog and following. Otherwise I'd have missed yours. :)
    This post is a good reminder to me to get our first aid kid organized, and all in one place. It's a chore I've been meaning to "get around to someday". I need to do it sooner rather than later.
    Best wishes,
    Jenny in Alaska

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! I am reminded to get more medical preps! Thanks! (For everything)

    ReplyDelete

After getting multiple spam comments from Anonymous users, I have had to disable that part of my comments. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. Please sign up and say hello!