Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thank You

 

Thank you for your comments, suggestions and concern.  I am pretty shell shocked.  For awhile now I have been eating a whole foods diet so there are not a lot of “goodies” I need to do without.  There is a wealth of information on the internet, but it is going to take some time to learn it.  I saw Doctor #2 today and she drew blood for a number of tests.  I was amazed to learn the she is also gluten intolerant (just like Doctor #1 from yesterday) and so is her Mom.  She gave me great advice and pointed me to some helpful stores in the area.  One store even gives classes on living Gluten Free. She also told me she felt exactly the same way at first.  And she was afraid to eat anything for fear it might be the wrong thing.  Now she’s an expert – it does get easier as you learn.  Just like anything else. The soy part is going to be the hardest.  Thank God for the internet.  I have already found some recipes I will need to make mayo or salad dressing, etc. 

I am trying to keep a positive attitude.   I have felt so poorly for so long.  If this really makes me feel better – well, that’s exciting and is worth whatever it takes.  And of course losing weight is a big bonus :)  I’ll believe that when I see it!

And, on a brighter note, Trap Shooting is on Sunday afternoon!!!  Woohoo!  I can’t wait.  I ordered a modified choke for my shotgun but it hasn’t come in yet.  Darn.  But truly, full choke or modified, I don’t care.  I just want to shoot my shotgun at those flying targets! :)

 

Blessings,

Red

6 comments:

  1. My husband is gluten I tolerate. For years he thought he had a wheat sensitivity. If he ate wheat he would feel icky but nothing awful. Anyway a few years ago he started having seizures. No one could figure out why. They assumed maybe something from his time overseas, but they couldn't pin point it. Turns out the gluten was destroying his vital organs. He has been off gluten for 2 years and not a single siezure. He has lost a few pounds(was never overweight) and feels fabulous!

    At first we were overwhelmed and thought he couldn't eat anything, but actually he can eat about 90% of what he ate before. Email me if you want me to rambling on more about it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Girl, that's exactly what was happening to my wife. No one believes me when I tell them that getting off gluten ended the seizures.

      Delete
  2. I am fascinated by the gluten free diet, keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I consider myself gluten "sensitive". Brother developed Celiac (we suspected Dad was Celiac also). I'd developed IBS and panic disorder ten years prior. Quit gluten cold turkey with brothers Dx and tummy problems and panic are GONE for the most part. Huge improvement! Great articles on http://glutendoctors.blogspot.com/ Check them out.

    It's not hard at all...I didn't loose weight :( but you can't have everything:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best Foods has a Canola mayo with no soy in it. That's what we buy and then I make my own salad dressings or use lemon juice, salt and pepper on my salads. There are also really good rice noodles you can use in place of gluten pastas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you seem to be on the right track to feelin' better... and have fun bustin' clays on Sunday... I plan to do some of the same...

    Dann in Ohio

    ReplyDelete

After getting multiple spam comments from Anonymous users, I have had to disable that part of my comments. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. Please sign up and say hello!