Thursday, December 6, 2012

Six Months Later. . .

It's hard to believe I have been gone six months.  After my food intolerance diagnosis things kind of went down hill.  When Dr. #2 got my blood tests back we had a "go-round" about cholesterol levels and life style. There were a few visits to a cardiologist, etc, etc....  I refuse to ever take cholesterol medicine again but did agree to get back on the treadmill twice a day.  So far so good.

In the meantime. . . I have become a food snob!  Being forced to do research and read labels because of food allergies has really opened my eyes to the terrible things we eat.  I supported the GMO labeling law in California, but sadly it did not pass.  Thanks mostly to the $47 million that Monsanto poured into lies to defeat it.  Washington State is trying to get their label law passed now.  Hopefully they can do it. 

I have been busy crocheting gifts for Christmas.  My tree is still not up because I have been gone here and there.  The kids and grand kids are coming so I really need to get busy.  I have sent everyone links to Gluten Free cooking websites.  We are having a Gluten Free Christmas!  Last Sunday I was in Seattle and took communion at church with the family, and they used real bread for the communion.  I just ate it and then said "oops"!  No harm done though.  God is good.  Always.

I have been around to your blogs many times this past 6 months, but my comments have been few because I am always too hurried.  Some of you have been in my prayers for specific reasons, some "just because".   I will try to re-surface before Christmas, but you know how that goes :) 

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings,
Red


 

15 comments:

  1. So glad you're back! Have a wonderful holy season!!
    a little bird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And you have a wonderful holy season too! I'll be over to your blog soon to learn all about that yummy raw honey.

      Delete
  2. Glad you are back. I have been lurking for awhile but rarely comment. B-T-W, I love that wagon wheel on your header.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. That wheel is in our front yard and it's funny you mentioned it. I am getting ready to change the picture to something more appropriate for winter :) Maybe I'll make a banner and be able to keep it!

      Delete
  3. Welcome back, almost gave up!! Kidding, hope your health improves, you will be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mary in GA,
      I almost gave up too!!! Seriously! I have been trying to get back here for quite some time. Life is way too busy. Thank you for the kind words about my health. I feel great so that's good enough for me. When Jesus is ready I'll be ready :) Thank you for your prayers.

      Delete
  4. Good to hear from you!
    So glad you are feeling better.
    Have a beautiful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prairie Rose,

      I have been meaning to stop by and "see" you. Actually, I have been by but have not had time to comment. Have you seen the circle letter? It seems like a long time has gone by this time around.
      Have a blessed Christmas my friend!

      Delete
  5. Good to see you post and pray that your health continues to get better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mama Bear,

    So glad you came by. Thank you for the kind thoughts and prayers. I'm feeling great :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Red!
    So glad to hear from you! Been praying for you, hoping this new diet thing would become an adventure in cooking and not knock you down and out!

    How wonderful to be spending Christmas surrounded with your babies and grand babies!

    Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie! Thanks for stopping by. I tried to get to your blog early yesterday and could not get the feed to work. I'll try again now. Good to know you are still there :)
      Thanks for the prayers - they are much appreciated.

      Merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete
  8. Glad you're still out there. Hope the gluten free Christmas celebration is tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs S.
      Thanks for visiting! I am getting a real foggy brain thinking about Christmas. I picked out a frozen turkey to purchase and saw that it had gluten in the ingredients! *Sigh* Everyday is a new lesson.

      Delete
    2. The turkey itself was probably alright. The gluten is most likely in the gravy mix packet inside. If you can find a turkey without a gravy packet in it, it probably will not have gluten listed as an ingredient.

      Delete

After getting multiple spam comments from Anonymous users, I have had to disable that part of my comments. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. Please sign up and say hello!