Monday, March 11, 2013

When The Sun Shines

Finish your outdoor work
and get your fields ready;
after that, build your house.
                        Proverbs 24:27

We have been outside, soaking up the vitamin D, using those forgotten muscles that are needed for pulling weeds, and getting the greenhouse ready for seeds. Tonight we got another estimate on clearing the back of our property. Someday soon we'll have a lot more sunshine for a bigger garden, a nice fenced pasture for a couple of cows, and a barn full of hay.  It sounds like I'm dreaming, and I am - but it is getting really close to coming true.  :)

Have a great week!

Blessings,
Red

4 comments:

  1. Dreams are wonderful, but then you actually get to your reality and it's even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tami,
      It seems like we've been dreaming for a long, long time! Now things are getting exciting.

      Delete
  2. Red...I can send you a herd of goats to clear that property!..bahahaha

    We are going to Tractor Supply today to give them a small fortune to be able to fence off another couple of acres of brush for the goats to browse on. They will eventually kill everything but the large trees and then we'll just have to pull the other stuff up with the tractor.

    We've had a lot of rain. It's hot and then it's cold. Usually I have started a garden by now but the weather is crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mama Bear,
      I would love to have goats, truly, but my husband says they will "escape" and annoy the neighbors. Cows escape too - I think he just doesn't like Goat Cheese!

      Most of the clearing we're having done is timber. The market is very high right now so the timing may be good if we can find an honest soul to do the job. We are back to rainy weather too!

      Delete

After getting multiple spam comments from Anonymous users, I have had to disable that part of my comments. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. Please sign up and say hello!