Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Flannel Sheets

 

flannel sheets

 

Have you ever slept on flannel sheets?  I thought they would be miserable.  The only sheets I wanted were high thread count and pretty dang expensive.  And that was the problem,  or at least most of the problem. I needed an extra set of king sized sheets because our bed is a king and the guest room is a king, and it’s nice to have a spare.

Anyway, I went to Costco to buy a set because the last set I bought from them was very nice and affordable.  But what I got was not at all what I expected.  The fabric was completely different and the sheets were way too deep for our bed.  I should have taken them back, but I didn’t and I’ll only use them in a serious pinch. 

Then shortly before Christmas, while walking through a local store I noticed the flannel sheets on sale for $20 for a complete king set.  For $20 I had to at least try them.  Guess what?  I have  never slept better in my entire life! I climb into bed at night and it’s warm.  It’s like sleeping in a cocoon or something.  I love it!  In fact, when my Mom complained about being too cold at night I sent her a set.  She had exactly the same reaction I had. 

kimlor-sierra-plaid-flannel-sheet-set-twin-6-oz-cotton-sage-twin (1)

So, if you’ve never tried flannel sheets you are missing out.

And now I’m going to bed!

Blessings,

Red

7 comments:

  1. I love my flannels, but only in the winter. Then I swap out to those higher thread count sheets you talk about. Never used to care but a few years ago we slept in a fancy hotel and it was all done after that. Had to have em. But I consider a good nights sleep a wise investment @;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tami,
      I know, once you sleep on those high thread counts nothing else will do.

      Delete
  2. Now don't tell on me...as a dude I shouldn't discuss bed sheets but I too love flannel. My lovely wife keeps several sets and we've used flannel for many years. Like Tami said, wise investment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Your secret is safe with me, but maybe not with Google :)

      Delete
  3. We LOVE our flannel sheets. We even use them during the summer. If it's hot all you need is the top sheet and your cool but still warm enough. I didn't have flannels on the guest bed and one night DH had a rough night sleeping so he went into the guest room. The next morning he said he near to froze to death with those 'other' sheets (800 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets).
    a little bird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about using them in the summer. We have the ceiling fan on every night in the summer and that top sheet would probably be just the thing! Thanks for the good advice :)

      Delete
  4. I discovered the high thread count sheets years back, had always slept on whatever before. I couldn't believe the difference and then that's all I would buy, but they were expensive!! Fortunately you only need a couple sets and they do last a long time. Instead of flannel, I bought some of the fleece sheets last winter. They are great, very warm and cozy, but only if it's really cold!

    ReplyDelete

After getting multiple spam comments from Anonymous users, I have had to disable that part of my comments. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. Please sign up and say hello!